DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION - DGSVO, BDSG and others
Stolmár & Partner is an IP law firm that provides protection for you and your ideas. In order to fulfill this service, we need personal data, which will be processed by us according to our understanding of discretion and based on the data protection regulations. The following notices provide information about what happens to your data when you visit our website.
1. Person responsible for the website in the sense of the GDPR
The responsible person for this website is the website operator. His contact details are:
Stolmár & Partner Patentanwälte PartG mbB
T + 49 89 2323670
2. When visiting the website
When you visit our website https://www.stolmar-ip.com/, information is automatically sent to the server of our website by the browser used on your end device. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the website/file accessed,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- Browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider
The aforementioned data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection setup of the website,
- Ensuring a comfortable use of our website as well as
- Evaluation of system security and stability
The data is collected to ensure error-free provision of the website. In addition, the data may be used to analyze the behavior of its users. This involves collecting, compiling and evaluating data on the behavior of visitors to websites. Among other things, a web analysis service collects data about the page from which a user came to a website (so-called referrers), which sub-pages of the website were accessed or how often and for how long a sub-page was viewed. The purpose of the use is the evaluation of the use of websites to improve the offer and the operation. The evaluation enables us to find out how the respective website is used and thus to continuously optimize the offer. The data collected in this way for analysis purposes is anonymized by technical precautions. Therefore, an assignment of the data to the calling user is no longer possible. The data is not stored as personal data of the users.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes for data collection listed above. In no case do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
The website is hosted by an external service provider (hoster). The personal data collected on this website is stored on the hoster's servers. This may include, but is not limited to, IP addresses, contact requests, meta and communication data, contract data, contact details, names, website accesses and other data generated via a website.
The use of the hoster is in the interest of a secure, fast and efficient provision of our online offer by a professional provider iSd Art. 6 lit. f GDPR and in the sense of contract performance towards our existing and potential clients iSd Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR. If a corresponding consent has been requested, the processing is based exclusively on Art. 6 lit. a GDPR. The consent can be revoked at any time.
Our hoster will only process your data to the extent necessary to fulfill its service obligations and follow our instructions regarding this data.
We use the following hoster:
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 4-6
We have concluded an data processing contract with the above-mentioned provider. This is a contract required by data protection law, which ensures that this provider only processes the personal data of our website visitors in accordance with our instructions and in compliance with the GDPR, BDSG and all other legal regulations.
The aforementioned personal data is also stored and processed on our behalf by our external service provider NitroPack Ltd, located at 3 Prof. Georgi Bradistilov, entr. A, 3rd floor, Sofia, Bulgaria, who may access it in the course of maintenance activities. Here, too, a corresponding contract for data processing has been concluded with the above-mentioned provider.
3. Contact form
You can also contact us directly via the website. In doing so, we require further personal data to answer the inquiry. To the individual existing contact options:
You can contact us using a form provided on the website. In doing so, it is necessary to provide your name and a valid e-mail address so that we can answer the inquiry. Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily given consent. The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after completion of your request.
You can also contact us by e-mail. We will use the information and personal data provided therein exclusively to respond to your inquiry.
The same applies to contacting us by telephone/fax using the telephone number provided on our website.
We would like to point out that data transmission on the Internet (e.g. communication by e-mail) can have security gaps. Complete protection of data against access by third parties is not possible.
The processing of personal data via contact form, e-mail or telephone/fax takes place for the execution of already existing mandates or for the initiation of mandate relationships. The legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. 1 a), b) or f) GDPR.
We store the data entered when contacting us until the purpose of the data processing no longer applies. Longer storage takes place if the inquiry is related to a client relationship or if longer storage is required due to legal provisions. In this case, the data will be stored as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the contract or as required by law. If you assert a justified request for deletion or revoke your consent to data processing, your data will be deleted unless we have other legal grounds for storing your personal data (e.g., retention obligations under tax or commercial law). In the latter case, the deletion will take place after these reasons cease to apply.
We go into detail about your rights, in particular data subject rights and rights of objection, under Section IX.
4. Disclosure of data to third parties
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- You have given your express consent to this in accordance with Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. a GDPR,
- The disclosure is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f GDPR and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of your data,
- In the event that there is a legal obligation for disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. c GDPR, as well as
- this is legally permissible and necessary according to Art. 6 p. 1 lit. b GDPR for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
5. Social Media Platforms
We have an Internet presence on the social media platform LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Responsible party within the meaning of the GDPR
Insofar as their personal data is processed by this social media provider when they call up our internet presence, the social media provider is the data controller within the meaning of the GDPR. Insofar as we process the transmitted data, we are also the data controller within the meaning of the GDPR. You can find our contact details under I. For further questions, you can also contact our data protection officer under XI.
Cookies have various functions. Many cookies are technically necessary, as certain website functions would not work without them (e.g. the display of videos). Other cookies are used to evaluate user behavior or display advertising. Cookies that are necessary to carry out the electronic communication process, to provide certain functions that you have requested (e.g. for the display of videos) or to optimize the website (e.g. cookies for measuring the web audience) necessary cookies are stored on the basis of Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR, unless another legal basis is specified.
The website operator has a legitimate interest in storing necessary cookies for the technically error-free and optimized provision of its services. If consent to the storage of cookies and comparable recognition technologies has been requested, the processing is carried out exclusively on the basis of this consent (Art. 6 p. 1 lit. a GDPR and § 25 p. 1 TTDSG); the consent can be revoked at any time.
You can set your browser so that you are informed about the setting of cookies and only allow cookies in individual cases, exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general and activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. If you disable cookies, the functionality of this website may be limited.
Our website uses the cookie consent technology of Borlabs Cookie to obtain your consent to the storage of certain cookies in your browser and to document this in accordance with data protection. The provider of this technology is Borlabs - Benjamin A. Bornschein, Georg-Wilhelm-Str. 17, 21107 Hamburg (hereinafter Borlabs). When you enter our website, a Borlabs cookie is stored in your browser, in which the consents you have given or the revocation of these consents are stored. This data is not shared with the Borlabs cookie provider. The collected data will be stored until you request us to delete it or until you delete the Borlabs cookie yourself or until the purpose for storing the data no longer applies. Mandatory legal retention periods remain unaffected. Details on the data processing of Borlabs Cookie can be found at https://de.borlabs.io/kb/welche-daten-speichert-borlabs-cookie/.
7. Transfer of data to third countries
Among other things, we use tools from companies based in the USA or other third countries that are not secure under data protection law. If these tools are active, your personal data may be transferred to these third countries and processed there. We point out that in these countries no level of data protection comparable to the EU can be guaranteed.
8. Plug-Ins and Tools
We also use the following plug-ins and tools on our website:
Google Maps (incl. Google Web Fonts)
This site uses the map service Google Maps via an API. The data controller is Google Ireland Limited or Google LLC, depending on where you are located.
To use the functions of Google Maps, it is necessary to store your IP address. This information is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The provider of this site has no influence on this data transmission.
The use of Google Maps is in the interest of a pleasant and modern presentation of our online offers and an easy location of the places indicated by us on the website. If Google Maps is activated, Google may use Google Web Fonts for the purpose of uniform display of fonts. When calling up Google Maps, your browser loads the required web fonts into its browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 p.1 lit. f GDPR.
Via Google Docs, texts can be created online and edited together with others.
The use of Google Docs is in the interest of an easy and appealing preparation or use of documents. This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 p. 1 lit. f GDPR.
The website embeds videos from YouTube. The operator is Google Ireland Limited ("Google") Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
We use Youtube in extended data protection mode. According to Youtube, this mode means that Youtube does not store any information about visitors to this website before they watch the video. However, the transfer of data to Youtube partners is not necessarily excluded by the extended data protection mode. Thus, Youtube - regardless of whether you watch a video - establishes a connection to the GoogleDoubleClick network.
As soon as you start a YouTube video on this website, a connection to YouTube's servers is established. This tells the YouTube server which of our pages you have visited.
If you are logged into your YouTube account, you enable YouTube to assign your surfing behavior directly to your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
Furthermore, YouTube can save various cookies on your end device after starting a video or use comparable recognition technologies (e.g. device fingerprinting). In this way, YouTube can obtain information about visitors to this website. This information is used, among other things, to collect video statistics, improve the user experience, and prevent fraud attempts.
If necessary, further data processing operations may be triggered after the start of a YouTube video, over which we have no control. YouTube is used in the interest of an appealing presentation of our online offers.
This represents a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 p. 1 lit. f GDPR. Insofar as a corresponding consent has been requested, processing is carried out exclusively on the basis of Art. 6 p. 1 lit. a, insofar as the consent includes the storage of cookies or access to information in the user's terminal device (e.g. device fingerprinting) within the meaning of the TTDSG.
The consent can be revoked at any time.
9. Data subject rights and right of objection
You have the right at any time to receive information free of charge about the origin, recipient and purpose of your stored personal data. You also have a right to request the correction or deletion of the data. If you have given your consent to data processing, you can revoke this consent at any time for the future. You also have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances. Furthermore, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
You therefore have the right to:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us without undue delay;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller;
- in accordance with Art. 7 (3) GDPR, to revoke your consent once given to us at any time. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent for the future;
- complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our registered office for this purpose; and
- object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Article 21 GDPR, insofar as there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which will be implemented by us without specifying a particular situation. You have the option of informally notifying our office of the objection by telephone, e-mail, fax or to our postal address listed at the beginning of this data protection declaration.
To exercise your rights, you can always contact our e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Data security
We use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser when visiting our website. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is encrypted by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in your browser. If SSL encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
11. Contact details of the data protection officer
The contact details of our data protection officer are:
c/o Stolmár & Partner Patentanwälte PartG mbB
Telephone: +49 (0)89 2323670